We need more than food, water and shelter to grow into healthy adults. We need love, support, connection and encouragement.
As an adult daughter of a critical, distant or abusive parent, you may find yourself…
- Trying to be perfect.
- Feeling somehow different or not as good as others.
- Negatively comparing yourself to others.
- Under-functioning or over-functioning.
- Being unable to fully trust, believe in or appreciate yourself.
- Sabotaging your accomplishments.
- Choosing unhealthy relationships.
- Self-soothing through food, substances, shopping, work, relationships or sex.
- Taking care of others at your own expense.
- Anxious and depressed.
- Struggling to recognize your own strengths, talents, intelligence and beauty.
- Feeling like you’re faking it.
- Feeling shame about who you are or who you aren’t.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
Certified in the 5-Step WIEBGE (“Will I Ever Be Good Enough”) Recovery Process, I can work with you to help you recognize and heal the effects of the past so you can enjoy the authentic and joyful life you deserve.